Thursday, December 10, 2015

IF YOU NEED MOTIVATION TO RECOVER



If you've been here for my old blog (Zoe's Secret Style), you probably know that I suffer from depression, and have gone through rough times.
I have started recovering almost two years ago, and I take medication on a daily basis. I will never forget what depression is like, but I am getting happier.
I have been absent from the blogging community part of the internet for a few months, and now that I'm back, I realize, not everyone is recovering. A lot of people are still suffering from mental illness, and a lot of those are in the exact same place they were X time back. 

And just to think that makes me sad. I remember what it's like. I remember hating myself. I remember crying myself to sleep every night, and I remember thinking that was normal. I remember hurting.

I just wanted to say, to whoever's struggling with an issue like depression / anxiety / etc., it can get better. A lot of people will tell you it will go away, it's just a phase. It might 'go away' by itself. But it probably won't.

Fight for it. Fight for your mental health. Fight for your happiness.

Click to Tweet: Fight for your mental health. Fight for your happiness. 

If you wait and cry, nothing's going to happen except you feeling sorry for yourself, and it will, most likely, just get worst.

If you want to feel better, which you do (don't give yourself that 'I deserve to suffer' crap because you don't and you deserve better), try talking about it. Family members, friends, psychologists, psychiatrists, or anyone else you feel comfortable talking to.
If you don't want to talk about it, or can't, there are other ways to get the terrible feelings out of you.
Some of you like looking for positive quotes on Pinterest, some of you like painting, or reading or writing or listening to music or watching TV and get yourself distracted.
Some of you like breaking things because it gets the stress out of you. Some of you like working out.
And some of you don't like any of these, and that's okay. Explore. Try new things until you find what makes you happy. 
Try to be happy.
Convince yourself you're happy. It might feel like you're lying to yourself, but lying becomes reality. Fake it until you make it.

You'll feel better faster if you start doing something about your condition.

I hope you all feel better, even if you aren't suffering from a mental illness.

I love you, and I care about you. I genuinely want you to feel better.


Picture credit - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I will get back to you as soon as I can. It means so much to me when people actually take their time to read my blog & comment. Xx